If you’ve been a reader around here for a while you’ll probably already know that I’m a food blogger, and I’ve been a food blogger for the past 6 years. Needless to say I have learned a lot of things in these years! But there are definitely some things thatI wish I knew early on the game. So I decide to write up a roundup of all those thigns. if you ae just startong out, or thinkign about starting up a blog I know thsi list is going to come super handy.
5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I started Blogging
- Blogging is a marathon not a sprint: Blogigng is one of the best things I’ve ever done! It has given me the opportunity to meet so many amazing individuals, it has given me a carrerr (I’m a full time blogger after all!) and it ha given me all theopportunities that I could have wished for. But blogging is definitely a marathon not a sprint It doens’t matter hwo good you are, how great your outfits look, or how great you write your recipes or talk about your travels, becuase at the end of the day it’s all about consistency and time. Those 2 things consistency + time are going to become your BFF’s from now on.
- Promoting is more important than creating: At first I was obsessed with pushing out new content every day. I wanted to post one more recipe, share one more tip and snap one more picture to my Instagram. But later in the game, I realized that it’s not about posting a lot of content, but rather about creating really quality content and then promoting it a lot. Once I’ve read that you should spend 20% of your time creating the content and 80% promoting it, and I couldn’t agree more.
- Numbers are just numbers: Just like I was obsessed with posting a ton I was also fixated with my analytics, y stats and my followers. But at the end of the day, those numbers are just numbers and they don’t measure your worth or your blogs success. So while they are important and you should think of ways to draw your audience and improve try to take those numbers with a grain of salt and don’t measure yourself against them.
- Keep it fun, keep it passionate: Your blog is your very own creative outlet and labor of love, and while it can become your career if you want, and while it gives you a truckload of opportunities always keep in mind that’s supposed tobe something fun and something you are passionate about. If you loose then fun in your work and if you let that sparkle of passion dull it will reflect in your content.
- You pick your own path wich means you can also change that path: When I started out I was so nervous to make sure that the subject I was choosing to blog about was the right one that I froze for a couple of months, but trusth is, it can evolve with you over time! You may have decide to start posting abpout fashion and then over the time decied that’s no longer your subject and that instead you are more passionate about health and fitness, and guess what? You can totally do it! Change your blog, update your about and that’s it. Your blog is you space on the internet and you can do with it whatever makes you the happiest.
If you are just startig out what topics would you love to know about? And if you are an experienced blogger what things you wish you knew when you started out? Let’s start a conversation!